Monday, December 31, 2012

I was told I needed a Blog

Okay, if first impressions are truly everything, I'm screwed (at least   I was told by a colleague of mine that I needed to start a blog.  "You need to get the word out about Addison Group's mission and purpose and a blog is the best way to do that."  My first impression was that he was tired of hearing me talk.  You can't hit the 'delete' or 'Esc' button on me in person, but you can definitely do it via the web!

Also, I think my general impression on bloggers was that they were typically ex-Dungeons and Dragons players who had a long, deep-seeded fear of public interaction and socializing, and were using this opportunity to vent frustrations, comments, and opinions that they were too apprehensive to reveal to actual human beings.  A little short-sighted and ignorant, I know.



Folks like Mark Cuban, Jackie Chan, and William Shatner would all dispute, I'm sure, that they were ever in a 'black-coat mafia' or had fears of public interaction or confrontation (all bloggers).  So if it's good enough for MC Hammer, it's good enough for me!  Wait, horrible example....

Well, anyway.  It's probably a good forum to talk about the Addison Group's mission and other socioeconomic topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment